Easy Ways To Get People To Link To Your Web Site
20 Easy Ways To Get People To Link To Your Web Site
First off all let's define what is a link exchange?
A link exchange Internet marketing campaign is the process of
exchanging hyperlinks with a quality site that is somehow related
to a company's product or service.
It is easy to get link exchange partners when you have a website
that is getting alot of traffic and has a high page rank with Google.
What proves to be a little harder is getting a quality link partner
to link with your site when you have little or no page rank and
little or no traffic.
I have found that giving incentives will help get the link exchanges
flowing and as your page rank increases so will links with websites
that have a higher page rank.
Here are 20 things you can do to get people to link to your website.
1. When you visit a web site you've enjoyed a lot, write a review
for the site. Write about the benefits you gain from the web site.
Tell them they can publish it on their web site if they link to
your web site.
2. Market your web site as a free web book. Design your web site
with a title page, table of contents, chapters, etc. Just allow
other people to give away the web book by linking to your web site.
3. Offer other web sites free content to post on their web site.
Include your link on all of your content. The content should related
to your web site because it will be in front of your target audience.
4. Allow other people to publish your e-zine on their web site.
Include your web site's ad and link in each issue you publish. This
may also help you increase the number of people that subscribe to
5. Give your visitors an instant article directory. Tell your visitors
they can instantly add a free article directory to their web site
by linking to yours. Just place your ad or banner ad on top of the
article directory for your main web site.
6. Start a members only web site. Tell visitors what's in your
members only site and what it costs to gain access. Offer them a
free membership if, in exchange, they link to your web site.
7. Trade other forms of advertising to people that link to your
web site. You could trade e-zine ads, print ads, autoresponder ads,
classified ads, ebook ads, etc.
8. Allow other web sites to use your discussion board for their
web site visitors. Just have them link directly to the discussion
board. Include your web sites ad or banner ad at the top of the
9. When you purchase a product and it exceeds your expectations
e-mail the business a testimonial. Make sure your statement is detailed.
Give them permission to publish it on their web site if they link
to your site.
10. Offer your visitors a free sign up to your affiliate program.
Pay them commission to sell your products or services. Just give
them an affiliate link to track their sales. People will link to
your web site to make extra money.
11. Give away web space to people for free. Since you are giving
it away for free, request they link to your site by placing your
ad or banner to the site.
12. Create your own award site for other web sites. Give the winners
a graphic or text link to place on their web site when they win.
This will link your web site to theirs and draw more traffic to
your web site.
13. Create a directory of web sites on a specific topic. Give people
the option of adding the directory to their web site by linking
to it. Put your business ad at the top of the directory's home page.
14. Offer a free e-book to your web site visitors. The ebook should
be related to your target audience. Allow them to give the e-book
to their own web site visitors by linking directly to your web site.
15. Are you an expert on a particular subject? Offer people free
consulting via e-mail if, in exchange, they either link to your
site. People will consider this a huge value because consulting
fees can be very expensive.
16. Exchange content with other web sites. You could trade articles,
top ten lists, etc. Both parties could include a resource box at
the end of the content.
17. Create an online club or association. Tell your visitors what's
included in the membership and what it costs to join. Offer them
a free membership if, in exchange, they link to your web site.
18. Allow people to use an online service or utilities from your
web site if, in exchange, they link to your web site. The online
service could be an e-mail account, search engine submission, web
page design, copywriting, proofreading, etc.
19. Join or create a web ring. A web ring is a group of web sites
on a similar subject agreeing to link together. To find a web ring
to join type keywords "web rings" into your search engine
20. Allow people to download software at no charge from your web
site, if they link to your web site. The software could be freeware,
shareware or demos.
There is no doubt that getting quality link partners takes a lot
of hard work. Many times the benefits are not obvious for months
and months. Don't stop with these 20 ways to get link exchanges.
Come up with incentives of your own.
In the long run all of this effort is worth it. When your website
is getting more free traffic, and is enjoying a position on page
one with the major search engines for the keywords that define your
website, you will be glad that you have done more than your competition
to get quailty link exchange partners.
About the Author
Jeff Schuman has used
the strategy of exchanging links to take his website Team- Schuman.Com
to page one with all of the major search engines for the keyword
"make money", "make money at home" and many
other similar keywords. Check out his make money site here: http://www.team-schuman.com,