Design Tips for Affiliates
7 Web Design Tips for Affiliates
For affiliates running their own web site or thinking of starting
their own web site the following web design tips should help you
convert more visitors into sales.
1. Your main goal as an affiliate is to get people to click your
affiliate links so make it very easy for visitors to click your
affiliate link. You have to actually tell them to click the link.
Have a ‘click here’ for every affiliate link on your
2. Content. Content. Content. Give visitors what they want –
they want good quality content and lots of it. Articles, tips, newsletter
archives and details of each product or service on your site.
3. The fewer pictures the better. Lots of graphics slow sites down
and as you are an affiliate you want your visitor to click your
affiliate link. If your web site takes a long time to load your
visitor may just leave and not even get a chance to click your affiliate
4. Use a simple layout with a prominent, easy to find link to each
major page on your site. Complicated sites with lots of graphics
and the latest design features are great in theory but the keep
it simple strategy works best for affiliates.
5. If you offer a newsletter, make it very easy for people to sign
up by having subscribe details on every page of your site. Also
offer a newsletter archives section on your site.
6. For lots of great content use other people’s articles
on your site. Ensure these articles fit the theme of your site and
include your affiliate links at the bottom of each page these articles
7. Make sure you have a ‘Contact Us’ page. When you
tell people who you are and how to contact you they will instantly
be more likely to trust you. If they trust you they will click your
Be constantly looking for the best ways to design your affiliate
web site. Your design should be focused on getting visitors to click
your affiliate links. Better web design means better results for
About the Author
David McKenzie is the
author of a new e-book titled “The Facts You Should Know About
Affiliate Programs”. Get a Free 5 Day Email Course: http://www.1sthomebasedbusiness.com