Affiliate Marketing Tips
11 Affiliate Marketing Tips
I have compiled a list of 11 affiliate tips which I think will
help you with marketing your web site and affiliate programs.
1. Spend a lot of time trying to get a high ranking in search engines
for your web sites. Learn as much as you can about search engines
and make it a weekly task to try to get good rankings.
2. The word "free" and especially when written "FREE"
is over used. Use it only occasionally on your site. For example
you could use it to give away a free E-Book or free article you
3. Spend 75% of your time marketing your web site and affiliate
programs and 25% of your time working on them. Most people spend
about 10% to 20% marketing their web site and affiliate programs.
Then again, most people online do not make any money!
4. Use text links rather than banners for your affiliate programs.
Text links get a much higher click through ratio. People have trained
themselves to ignore banners.
5. Write you own articles and post them on a separate page on your
site. Then submit them to the following article resource sites:
6. Check your clicks and sales regularly at your affiliate web site.
If you see a slow down in clicks and/or sales then alter your marketing.
Try something different. Do not use the same techniques if they
are not working.
7. Use Newsgroups but do it in a clever way. Stand out from the
crowd. Use Newsgroups to announce new articles you have written.
But make sure you read the rules of each newsgroup and never, ever
8. Do not use graphics that slow your web page down. If you are
selling or pre-selling information have predominantly text on your
page. My site has 1 visible graphic on it. That’s right. Just
9. Join a number of newsletters related to the theme of your web
site. You can get a lot of valuable affiliate tips from good newsletters.
10. Post articles other webmasters have written on your site, but
ask them first. You can even do your own review of other people’s
11. Find out whether any affiliate programs you belong to have
articles at their site and see if you can post them at your site.
Then you can include a link back to their site at the end of the
About the Author
David McKenzie is the
author of a new e-book titled “The Facts You Should Know About
Affiliate Programs”. Get a Free 5 Day Email Course: http://www.1sthomebasedbusiness.com