How To Make Money Online
How to make money Online
Many people give up trying to make money online these days because they have been duped by all the quick rich schemes. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Choose a business in which you will have sustained interest, so you can whether any little bumps in the road. Then build a theme-based web site.
Here are the steps you need to take for this idea to germinate:
- Pick a topic you are passionate about. (I'll choose camping as an example, since it's what I love to do).
- Go to the overture suggestion tool - http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/ or http://wordtracker.com and insert camping - well, camping is too generic so go down and choose something more specific (I chose camping tip). 1134 people searched on this last month.
- Go to http://nameboy.com to select a domain name that has camping tips in it. OK - I found camping-secrets.com (last time I checked) is still available and close enough for me.
- Reserve your domain name at http://Godaddy.com
- Go to http://www.associateprograms.com and do a search for affiliate programs on camping. The first one I found was http://www.basspro.com, which specializes in camping equipment. You earn 5% on each product you sell (With more research, I am sure you could find a higher commission rate than this).
- Find low cost hosting ($30/year at http://www.isitebuild.com/sitehosting).
- Build your web site - incorporate appropriate keywords in your meta tags and text on your site to make it search engine friendly.
- Promote your site through pay-per-click search engines to make some fast money, but also submit to the main search engines. Find other targeted locations e.g. participate in forums, newsgroups, and write articles related to your topic. You must be persistent with this, to be successful.
The key is to build a focused theme for your web site (in this case, camping tips i.e. what to take, where to go, what to do, precautions you need to take etc). This will provide useful information to visitors about camping. While they are at your site, they click on the link to camping products (the affiliate program you signed up for), to purchase camping equipment.
Congratulations, you have now made some money!
Good luck with your new venture!
Herman Drost is a Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) owner and author of iSiteBuild.com Web Site Design and Low Cost Hosting
Guides & Articles
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
Guides & Articles..
Domain Name Registration